August 17, 2011

Goodbye, sweet summer

I'm sorry that I've been lacking in my blog posting.  I feel like such a neglectful blogger and the guilt is overwhelming!  No, but really, I'd rather be taking advantage of the sunshine and snowless streets instead of being cooped up inside writing about all the things I should have done.  And I want you to all be outside as well, instead of reading about all the things I should have done!  So, here's what I've been up to so far this summer...

Much to the despair of my good friend, Anita Cane, I had an amazing time at her wedding shower! It was unfortunate that it took place on the very first day of our summer heatwave, but it was a smash nonetheless.  The house was filled with European mums, aunts, and cousins, all excited for the long time coming (after what...8 years?) bride to be.  The food was amazing, the decor was fabulous, and the family was so happy and loving.  I can't wait for the wedding (in which I'm a bridesmaid) which takes place September 3rd.  Look how pretty my friend is!  And just wait 'til you see how hawt the wedding party will be!


Abri baby and I have been on the move, schmoozing and the like.  There have been many playdates and parties.  Many days have been spent at the park, the splash pad, and biking riding around our little town.  And of course we loved our day at Puck's Farm, where Abri met her very first Llama (one of many, I'm sure).


Another thrilling highlight of this summer - seeing Serena Williams play in the Rogers Cup!  Actually, this was the very first time I watched a tennis match live.  I would have loved for it to have been Wimbledon, but I'll take what I can get!  Our seats were really really far, but luckily the stadium was really really small.  It was everything I hoped it would be!  Have I ever shared my ambition for my daughter to be a tennis star, thus resulting in me being a glamorous tennis mom?  Yes, this is my dream.


Oh, there were just too many highlights to mention.  But although the summer is winding down and the weather is becoming cooler, there are many more events to come.  So if you don't see me, I'm out enjoying the last days of sandal weather - and you should be, too!  Enjoy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Happily Ever Affie Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger