June 5, 2011

Yesterday I said today

I think like most people, I'm striving to be a better person.  I want to be a better mom, I want to be a better entrepreneur, I want to be a better friend - I just want to be better.  Sometimes I need to step back from the chaos and remember who I want to be and where I'm going, but that's just being human.

One of the things I want to be is a healthy person.  Since having the baby, I've decided that I don't want to be a bad role model or influence in Abri's life just because I want that extra cookie.  I feel that it's so important to teach our children the importance of balance.  Everything must be balanced and in moderation and I believe that's the key to a happily ever after.  If you have too much of one thing, everything goes off kilter and spins out of control.

So I thought that I would involve everyone in my "thinspiring" healthy-overhaul journey.  I'm overweight, and no matter how many people tell me "you just had a baby" I know that that excuse has long ago expired.  As of 3 weeks ago, I have been cutting my portions, eating healthier, and sleeping and exercising more.  This is in no way shape or form a "diet".  This is a lifestyle change.  I am, however, tracking my calories and exercise in order to better understand what I eat and do and how it effects my body.

I've added a myfitnesspal ticker on my sidebar so you can watch my progress.  This way, I'll keep motivated, on track, and my hand out of the cookie jar.

Have a watch of this great video from TED Women of Arianna Huffington on the importance of sleep - something most of us take for granted when it comes to our health.  I know that for me, when I have enough sleep, I'm more productive, happier and healthier.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Happily Ever Affie Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger